The Zoom feature in Windows is a useful option for getting a better appearance of dialog boxes and applications on your computer. You can use some keyboard shortcuts, display settings, or the Magnifier app for that.
How to Auto Zoom All Items in Windows
If you are interested in automatically zooming in on all items on your Windows computer, including everything you open such as applications, dialog boxes, etc., you should adjust the display settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Display Settings option from the menu.
- On the next screen, under the Scale and Layout title, expand the menu under the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items.
- From the dropdown menu select the 125% option and the change in size should be applied immediately. However, Microsoft recommends closing and opening running applications to apply the changes.
- You can also enter the scaling size you want for Windows Zoom by clicking on the Advanced Scale Settings link below, entering the percentage you want, and hitting the Apply option on the next screen.
- After clicking on the “Apply” option, you must log out of the Windows computer and log in again in order for the volume you want to be activated.
Zoom in on screens with keyboard shortcuts
Some applications such as web browsers or the Photos application allow you to use some keyboard shortcuts to zoom in or out. And even reset the auto zoom level.
These shortcuts may not work across all applications. In this case, you should be able to adjust the display settings as mentioned earlier.
Here are the keyboard shortcuts you should know to zoom in on apps:
- Zoom in: Ctrl and +
- Minimize: Ctrl key and –
- Reset zoom level: Ctrl key and 0
Use the Magnifier app for more specialized zoom
Allows you to apply Magnifier Built-in Windows gives you more flexibility in how your computer screen is enlarged. You can enlarge all or parts of your screen. To use the application, follow these steps:
- On the Windows Settings app screen, click the Ease of Access tab.
- Click on the Magnifier option on the left side of the screen.
- On the right, toggle the button under the Magnifier option to the on position.
- Close the Settings window and press the Windows logo and + buttons to launch the application.
- Press + button to enlarge the running screen when the application popup appears
- You can move the pointer to enlarge any part of the screen.
Read also: Options to install Windows when resetting the computer