Windows 11 comes with a completely new design from previous versions, and among these changes is the transformation of the Start button icon to the middle of the taskbar.
In addition, the operating system does not display any icons on the desktop by default, and you can manually show them on the desktop and even customize them to your liking.
Show desktop icons in Windows 11
If you want the classic look of Windows, you can easily bring up the icons you were used to on your desktop.
By following these steps:
- Right-click on an empty spot on the desktop.
- From the menu that appears, select the Customize option.
- On the screen that appears, click on the “Themes” option on the right side.
- Scroll down and tap on the Desktop icon settings option.
- In the pop-up window that appears, check the boxes next to the icons you want to bring to the desktop, such as the Recycle Bin or Network icon.
- Once done, click on the OK option.
- Close the settings window and you should see the icons you selected earlier appear on your desktop.
- You can make your desktop icons larger or smaller by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard. and scroll the mouse wheel up or down.
- If you want to hide all the desktop icons, all you have to do is right-click on an empty spot on the desktop. And select a display option from the menu that appears to you, then press the option to show desktop icons.
Read also: How to change the default font size in Windows 11
Install a new operating system
Launched Microsoft Corporation Windows 11 operating system worldwide as a free update for Windows 10 users, and Panos Panay, chief product officer of Windows, stated that the latest version is designed to be clean, new, and simpler for the user.
The system has some significant design changes, along with a few tweaks to how it works, and the Start menu’s default location to the middle of the screen, along with the icons in the taskbar.
The design across the operating system focuses on rounded corners, and has simplified most menu and folder views. There are new and improved options for arranging windows and merging them into grids.