News

Rocker Rod Stewart, his son, solves the Florida hotel assault case


Rod Stewart, 76, and his son, 41, have pleaded guilty to battery and will avoid prison after an altercation with a security guard at an exclusive Florida hotel on New Year’s Eve in 2019.

  • Rod Stewart and his son Sean pleaded guilty to a brawl at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach on December 31, 2019
  • Under the plea agreement, the father and son will not serve any prison sentence, be required to pay fines and will not be placed on probation.
  • Hotel security guard Jesse Dixon has accused the singer of punching him in the chest and his son for pushing them away from a private party.










Rock legend Rod Stewart and his son have pleaded guilty to battery and will be sent to prison in an assault case stemming from a New Year’s Eve 2019 altercation with a security guard at an exclusive Florida hotel.

Court records released on Friday show that the “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy” singer and his son, Sean Stewart, have pleaded guilty to a minor misdemeanor charge.

“No one was injured in the incident and the jury did not find Sir Rod Stewart guilty of this accusation,” his attorney, Jay Fronstein, said in a statement. Instead, Sir Rod Stewart decided to petition to avoid the inconvenience and undue burden on the court and the public that a high-profile action might cause.

The father and son previously faced a year in prison for the handcuffs.

Rod Stewart and his son Sean pleaded guilty to a battery charge stemming from a brawl at the upscale Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach, Florida, two years ago.

Stewart, 76, with a raspy voice, is a British member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2016.

The plea agreement, dated and signed Monday, means Stewart and his son, 41, will not have to appear in court and the official ruling on the charge has been withheld. There will be no trial.

Fronstein said neither would spend any time in prison or be required to pay fines and would not be placed on probation.

The Stewarts were accused of having a physical altercation with security guard Jesse Dixon at the luxury Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach on December 31, 2019.

The dispute included Dixon’s refusal to allow them to attend a New Year’s Eve party at the hotel.

Dixon said in court papers that Rod Stewart punched him in the rib cage with a closed fist and that Sean Stewart pushed him.

A spokesman for Palm Beach State Attorney Dave Arronburg, whose office brought the case, said in an email that Dixon agreed with the outcome of the case.

Hotel surveillance footage obtained by DailyMail.com exclusively last year showed Rudd, in his trademark gold dinner jacket, handing a right hook to Dixon, 35, who appeared to first push Sean.

The footage shows that the incident happened seconds after the Stay With Me and Tonight’s The Night singer taunted the security guard who had denied access to the Stewart clan, including wife Penny Lancaster with their two boys, 15-year-old Alastair and Aiden, 9. , to an outdoor playground.

Stewart even performed what appeared to be a Hitler salute with his right arm extended above his head while the fingers of his left hand were making a Hitler-style moustache.

The father and son were arrested and briefly imprisoned.

Ads



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button