My company Mattel, Inc. And Ubisoft today announced that new add-on content, The Call of Yara, is now available worldwide for the popular video game UNO, which takes inspiration from the open world of Far Cry 6 and puts players at the center of a modern guerrilla revolution. The Call of Yara content brings a different twist to the classic UNO experience with new features focused on the tropical island of Yarra.
In The Call of Yara, players experience UNO in an immersive environment with a vibrant Yarra-inspired board and menu, exclusive game-themed cards, and immersive tunes from the Far Cry® 6 soundtrack. After drawing 7 cards and 300 pesos coins at the start of each game, players collect 100 pesos at the start of each turn which they can spend to rent the services of ‘libertad’ legends from Far Cry 6. Each character affects gameplay differently, so players must spend their money strategically to unlock the following services:
- For 500 pesos: The player chooses one player to draw between 1 and 6 cards.
- For 800 pesos: all other players draw between 1 and 6 cards.
- For 600 pesos: the player collects 4 colors to make a unique card to play on the spot.
- For 1000 pesos: Player collects 4 colors to make a +4 unique card to play instantly.
- For 600 pesos: the player throws 1 to 3 cards.
- For 1300 pesos: the player throws 4 to 6 cards.
- For 200 pesos: A player prevents one player from requesting a favor in the next turn.
- For 400 pesos: The player prevents all other players from requesting a favor in the next turn.
In addition to the above, The Call of Yara bonus content introduces an all-new card for UNO: The Guerrilla Recorder. When playing this risky card, each player’s wallet is affected randomly, as they can earn hundreds of pesos for hiring the services of fighter legends or lose everything they have.
The Call of Yara content is now available to purchase separately for $4.99.