If you do not want to wait for the option to update to the new version of Windows 11 from Microsoft. Which can take months. You can download the official Windows 11 ISO file to perform a completely new installation or just upgrade your existing system.
How to upgrade your current system to Windows 11 easily
This option allows you to install Windows 11 directly from an ISO file without using a DVD or USB drive. It upgrades the current operating system to the new version.
But first you have to make sure that your computer meets the requirements to run the new system. You can find out by downloading and installing the re-improved Microsoft PC Health app via this Link.
Once you have confirmed that your computer meets the requirements necessary to run the new system. Follow these steps to download the ISO file to your computer:
- Visit the Microsoft website via this Link.
- Scroll down to the Windows 11 ISO disk image download section.
- In the box below, click on the down arrow and select Windows 11.
- Click on the Download option.
- Select the language of the operating system you want and then press the Confirm option.
- On the next screen, click the Download button that appears to download the ISO file to your computer.
Once the file is downloaded to your computer, you can use it to upgrade only your current operating system or perform a fresh operating system installation. To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the location where you saved the ISO file to your computer.
- Double-click the ISO file to open it.
- Under the files inside the ISO file, double-click the Setup.exe file to start the operating system installation process.
- On the next screen you can select the option to keep your Windows settings, personal files, and apps if you only want to upgrade your current system.
- If you want a fresh installation of the system, select the option to keep nothing.
- On the following screens, select the prompts that appear to you, such as choosing a language and geographic region. Computer naming and other prompts that appear to you during the installation process. Note that the computer will restart automatically during this process.
Read also: Microsoft will not prevent you from installing Windows 11
How do you make sure your computer is ready for the new version?
There are a set of requirements that you should check:
- First: If your device can run Windows 10, this means that it meets the minimum requirements to run Windows 11.
- Secondly: Your device must be running a genuine copy of Windows 10 if you want to upgrade to the new version for free.
- Third: The operating system must support TPM
- Fourthly: The current operating system must support the secure boot feature that is enabled by the motherboard