The process of creating a mobile hotspot in a Windows 11 computer that is connected to the Internet via cable, modem, or Wi-Fi allows you to share the computer’s main Internet connection with other devices.
Create a portable hotspot in Windows 11
Before doing this, it is recommended that you first familiarize yourself with your Internet operator and the service plan you have subscribed to. Not all plans allow you to activate connection services and access points.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start icon and then select the Settings option from the menu.
- In the Settings window, select the Network and Internet option on the left side.
- Tap on the phone hotspot option.
- On the next screen, tap on the Share my internet connection from option. And choose the Internet resource you’re sharing from the drop-down list.
- Under the Sharing via option, select the method you would like to use to share your internet connection with other devices. Which is usually a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection. But sometimes there may be another option depending on how your computer is configured.
- In the Properties section at the bottom of the window, click on the Edit option and edit the network information in the popup that appears. Which includes setting the network name, password and network domain.
- Once done, click on the Save option.
Finally, go back to the top of the Phone Hotspot Settings window and toggle the button next to it to On, and you’re ready to receive incoming calls to the new phone hotspot.
Connect to a mobile hotspot
Connecting to the phone’s hotspot in computer Windows 11 is easy especially if you are using a Wi-Fi network, just turn on the Wi-Fi settings on your computer and connect to the network with the name you specified earlier.
and enter the password you set earlier. And if you ever change your mind and want to turn off the mobile hotspot. Simply apply the previous steps and toggle the button next to the Mobile Hotspot option to the off position.
Read also: How to use the FaceTime application on an Android phone