The Your Phone app that comes pre-installed in Windows 11 allows you to connect your computer to an Android phone.
This helps you access mobile content from your computer, which improves your productivity and makes multitasking easier.
Connect your smartphone to your Windows 11 PC
To connect Windows 11 to an Android phone, you need to download the Your Phone Companion app from the Google Play Store via this Link. And connect both the phone and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
To do this, follow these steps:
- In the search box, type: phone companion app and then click the app icon in the pop-up window.
- Click the start button on the app’s welcome page.
- Click the Sign in button and enter your Microsoft account.
- In the pop-up window you can select the account you are currently using to sign in to the computer, or tap the Microsoft account option to use a different account to sign in.
- Click on Continue.
- Once logged in, the app shows you a screen with a QR code.
- Leave the previous screen as it is and then open the Your Phone Companion app on your phone.
- Click on the option to connect your phone and computer. Then click on Continue.
- On the next screen, point the phone’s camera at the QR code that appears on the computer screen to complete the process of linking the phone and Windows 11 computer together.
- If you are unable to scan the response code on the Windows 11 computer screen with the phone’s camera for any reason, press the back button on the phone.
- Choose Sign in with Microsoft and then enter the same Microsoft account that you signed in to on your computer.
- Once the phone and Windows 11 computer are paired together, tap on the Continue option on the phone to grant some access permissions to the app.
- On the next screen, tap on Allow all three permission requests to allow the app to access them, and then tap on Continue.
- Click on the Done option and you will see a message telling you that the phone and computer have been connected successfully.
After setting up an application in your phone, you must finish setting up your phone application on your Windows 11 computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Once the QR code is scanned and the phone is connected click on Done option.
- If you see a message You’re all set on the next screen, click Continue.
- On the welcome screen that appears, click Get Started.
- The app will show you the things you can do with this app. These include sending text messages, making phone calls, viewing photos, and seeing phone notifications.
- Click on Skip to enter the main application screen. Which shows tabs for notifications, messages, photos, calls, and contacts.
View your phone’s notifications on your computer
To sync phone notifications across your Windows 11 computer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Notifications tab on the left.
- On the right side, click on the option to open settings on the phone.
- Tap on the notification that appears on your phone, then select the Your Phone Companion app.
- On the next screen toggle the button next to Allow Notification Access to On.
- Select the I am aware of all potential risks and I bear all potential consequences voluntarily, on the next screen and press OK.
- Open the Your Phone app on your computer and tap Update to sync notifications across your computer.
Read also: Windows 11 from Microsoft is now available for download