To help your Instagram followers find you on other platforms and websites, you can put a URL on your profile. The clickable link you add appears directly below the CV field on your profile.
Add a URL to your Instagram profile
You can only add one URL at a time for each Instagram profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click on the account picture at the bottom right of the screen.
- In your profile window, click on the Edit Profile option.
- Tap the Website box and then type the URL you want to add to your profile.
- Once done, click on Done at the top right of the screen.
- Return to your profile page and you will see the newly added link below.
Note that if your Instagram profile is public, anyone can click on the link. But if it’s private only your followers will be able to read and click on your bio.
How to make your URL unique
You can edit the URL link on your Instagram profile, remove it or add a new link at any time and without any restrictions. You don’t necessarily need to put the HTTPS:// flag before the link for it to be clickable.
Since long links are not desirable, you can shorten them before placing them on your profile and you can use link shortening services such as Bitly for that.
You can try including the phrase “link in bio” in some of the comments and stories posted. It is a well-known trend in the Instagram platform that some use to encourage their followers to go to their profile and click on their link.
And if you want to promote multiple links to your followers, you can do so using a tool called Linktree Which is very popular among users.
It is a simple page to collect your URL links. All you have to do is add your Linktree link in your CV using the above mentioned steps.
Also Read: The Complete Guide to Using Reels on Instagram