Power saving mode in Windows 11 increases battery life by lowering screen brightness and reducing background activity.
In addition to limiting the push notifications of some applications. By default, the mode is turned on when the battery power reaches the first 20% lower.
However, you can customize the mode to your liking in Windows 11 settings. The mode turns off automatically as soon as the device is plugged in.
Enable Battery Saver Mode in Windows 11
The fastest way to activate the power saving mode is through the quick settings menu, by opening the quick settings menu in the right corner of the taskbar on the computer, and clicking on the option to save battery power, and if you want to stop the mode follow the same steps.
Read also: How to customize the taskbar in Windows 11
You can customize the mode according to your desire, such as increasing the percentage before entering or decreasing the battery saving mode on the computer, through the system settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start icon and then select the Settings option in the menu that appears.
- In the Settings window, click on the System option on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Power and Battery option.
- Under the Battery section at the bottom, click on the Play Now button next to the Battery saver option.
- Also on this screen, you can change the percentage that the battery saver mode automatically activates, under the option to turn on automatic battery saving and choose the percentage you want from the drop-down list that appears to you.
This menu also includes an option to always turn on battery saving mode permanently, or an option to never turn off the mode permanently.
You can also toggle the battery saver mode to dim the screen, by toggling the button next to the option to lower the screen brightness when using the battery saver mode.
Choosing the option to keep the screen brightness low in general can help greatly in extending battery life computer Windows 11.
Read also: How to enable fast startup mode in Windows 11