Celebrity chiefs are said to fear they may lose more stars of the show after Richard Madley’s departure on Thursday.
The series is said to have gotten into chaos behind the scenes after three celebrities – Arlene Phillips, Naughty Boy and Frankie Bridge – received urgent medical treatment.
It comes after Richard, 65, the oldest signing of the series, was forced to leave I’m A Celeb after being hospitalized and was unable to re-enter the castle after the Covid-safe bubble was broken.
Concerns: Celebrity chiefs are said to fear they may lose more stars of the show after Richard Madley’s departure on Thursday (pictured Arlene Phillips and Naughty Boy)
The Sun has now reported that Arlene, 78, is taking painkillers because she suffers from “chronic pain,” while Naughty Boy, 36, is having a mental “hard time” due to being separated from his dementia mother.
Frankie, 32, is said to have developed a rash and had to seek medical attention.
“There are growing concerns for Arlene who is really struggling and has chronic pain, helped by the likes of David Ginola and Naughty Boy and looks really vulnerable,” a source said.
In a mess? The series is said to have gotten into chaos behind the scenes after three celebrities had to undergo urgent medical treatment (pictured, Frankie Bridge)
He’s out: It comes after Richard, 65, arguably the biggest signing of the show, was forced to leave I’m A Celeb Thursday after being hospitalized.
Medical treatment: Naughty Boy, real name Shahid Khan, is said to be receiving advice about his mother’s health, while Frankie is said to have developed a rash
Family man: Before entering the woods, he detailed his mother’s health battles, saying, “I think it’s important for people like me to generate awareness about it.”
It’s very hard to dwarf her in the ruins of an old castle let alone her 78 years old. She is a soldier and wants to show everyone how strong she is.
The insider said Naughty Boy, real name Shahid Khan, is giving advice on his mother’s health.
They said, “He was talking to the program’s psychological team, led by Sandra Scott, on an iPad specially set up to make sure he stays hopeful, this is the longest he’s been away from his mother since her diagnosis, so they are. Careful to make sure it doesn’t escalate softly.
It also adds to producers’ concerns about Frankie, who has reportedly been given an ointment to treat the rash – with doctors not sure what caused it.
Back on track: This comes after Arlene and Naughty Boy threatened to leave the competition earlier this week, with the music producer saying, “My time is up here!”
The source said ITV simply “can’t afford to lose any names – especially after Richard left camp just four days after the show started.”
MailOnline contacted ITV for comment.
Arlene and Naughty Boy have previously expressed their desire to leave Castle Gwyrch after their struggle at The Clink hack camp.
The music producer was particularly vocal about his desire to leave after the treacherous traps trial, with the star saying, “My time is up here!”
Eeek: Naughty Boy was ready to leave after losing a grueling experience to Snoochie Shy
After thinking about it: “I feel exactly the same,’ Arlene said. For me, I was hoping to come out here strong and proud, but it just didn’t start out the right way.”
He told his fellow campers, “I think my time here is over. I had a feeling earlier and was thinking about my mom and obviously I love you guys.”
“I don’t think after knowing what the main camp might have known what they were putting me in knowing I did the challenge earlier – I don’t know if I could join that camp.”
Naughty Boy’s fellow campers were quick to reassure him but he totally followed through with his threats and Arlene joined him – even after the news that they would be joining the main camp.
Meanwhile, Arlene said: “I feel exactly the same. For me, I was hoping to come out here strong and proud, but it just didn’t start out the right way.
I find that unacceptable. I know I can’t go on and my mind won’t change in the morning, one night it won’t.
However, the couple changed their minds after entering the main camp, in scenes that aired on Wednesday’s show.
‘Gutted’: In a statement Richard, who is believed to be at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, reassured fans that he is ‘fine’ after his health scare
The crisis comes after Richard He was forced to leave the show after being taken to hospital with an unknown medical condition.
In a blow to the show as one of the best deals, the broadcaster, who took home an estimated £200,000 for this year’s competition, fell ill for hours after participating in a stressful experience and complaining about freezing temperatures in the castle.
In a statement, Richard, who is believed to be being treated at GlenClwyd Hospital in Ryle, confirmed that he had to leave the series after breaking the show’s ‘Covid bubble’.
Health scare: Richard, who took home an estimated £200,000 to take part in this year’s competition, fell ill hours after taking part in a grueling trial.
Concern: Richard is believed to be at Glan-Cloyd Hospital after falling ill overnight
Richard’s daughter, Chloe, 34, has revealed that her dad is ‘furious’ because he can’t return to Anna Celebrity Camp after his sudden rush at the hospital.
In a statement, he said, “Welcome all! Richard is here – first I say I am completely fine. I started feeling briefly unwell in the early hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.”
“By leaving the camp, you have broken the covid “bubble’ and therefore had to leave the castle and all the cool celebrities who stayed in the camp.
“Obviously devastated that I will be leaving soon but the safety of all my fellow campers is the number one priority. I am so excited to watch their journey continue…more so with the hope that I will be somewhere warmer than Gorich Castle…
Thanks to everyone who has supported me on my short but totally memorable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life.
An I’m a Celebrity spokesperson added: “Our strict Covid protocols mean that Richard unfortunately had to leave the show as he was no longer in the celebrity form bubble upon entering the castle.
“He was a really great camp companion and we thank him for being part of this series.”
The statement: Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say she had spoken to him and that while he was upset about not being able to get back, he was ‘perfectly fine’, before gushing that she was ‘very proud’.